October 04, 2010

Rihanna Talks Not Recording Generic Pop Songs Like Ke$ha, Lady Gaga or Katy Perry For Loud:

Rihanna.
R&B singer Rihanna recently sat down for an interview with BBC’s Radio 1 where she talks about distinguishing her new album, ‘Loud,’ from what her peers are doing. “This one I’m definitely…I’ve never been this excited about anything
I’ve done creatively and this…it’s just the perfect Rihanna album,” Rihanna told host Scott Mills. “Every song is tailored to me…I wanted songs that were all Rihanna songs, that nobody else could do. I didn’t want the generic pop record that Ke$ha or Lady Gaga or Katy Perry could just do and it’ll work. I wanted a song, or songs, that were Rihanna songs, that only I could do, had that little West Indian vibe to it, had that certain tone, a certain sass and a certain energy.”

Rihanna also voiced excitement about the new project, calling it the perfect Rihanna album.

"I can't believe it's the fifth album already," she says. "That's insane to think about. ... I've never been this excited about anything I've done creatively, and this is just the perfect Rihanna album: Every song is tailored to me."

The “Only Girl (In the World)” singer also touched on her flaming red hair, stating “Black hair is my favorite color on me but I just wanted something that was really expressive, vibrant” like her album loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment