October 06, 2010

NEW RELEASES: Faith Evans, Bruno Mars and David Archuleta:


Faith Evans ‘Something About Faith’ (E1)…After a five year hiatus from music, Faith releases the new album, ‘Something About Faith,’ on her record label Prolific Music Group. "I didn't intend for it to be this long. It's not like I had a time in mind,
" Faith says of the new project. The album features a wish-list of collaborators including Keyshia Cole, Raekwon, Snoop Dogg, Mary Mary, Kelly Price amongst others. Faith’s outlook on returning to creating an album: “I work based on my heart and how people make me feel...And I'm believing 100 percent that it will be well worth the wait."

Bruno Mars ‘Doo-Wops & Hooligans’ (Elektra)…With a felony charge added to his resume after an incident last month for cocaine possession, Bruno Mars seems to feel as good as a freakin' billionaire. "I put my heart and soul into any record I do, and I just want them to know I mean what I'm saying. Everything that I write down and perform is coming from me," says Mars. "So I want fans to be like, 'You know what, I want to see the Bruno Mars movie,' and I want them to put on my album, and I want to take them on a journey." The album features the hit single, “Just The Way You Are,” as well as ear grabbers “Liquor Store Blues” (Feat. Damian Marley), “Grenade” and “The Other Side” (Feat Cee Lo Green & B.o.B).

David Archuleta ‘The Other Side of Down’ (Jive)… David Archuleta is showing his teenage side on his sophomore album, ‘The Upside of Down.’ “My goal with the album was to make it as ‘me’ as possible,” says Archuleta. “I wanted to introduce people to the kind of goofy, dorky, weird personality I have. The first album had a lot of great pop songs, but this album is so much more personal.” Archuleta wrote 10 of the album’s 12 tracks, and worked with Emanuel Kiriakou and Dave Hodges, the writers of his song “Crush.” On this second album, fans can expect to hear songs such as “Things are Gonna Get Better,” where Archuleta gives an uplifting message, and “Elevator,” where he puts his boyish charm on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment