October 06, 2010

ewcomer Hope Debuts Video for 'Love Love Love,' Preps Debut Album:

Atlantic records newcomer, singer/songwriter/producer Hope is gearing up for the release of her self-titled debut album this month (October). Leading the way is the island-inflected first single, “Love Love Love,” an ode to the dizzying
experience of a new infatuation, but it also describes Hope’s outlook as she nears her release date.

“It’s about feeling so much excitement and anticipation that you don’t know what to do with yourself,” says Hope. “When I listen to my record, I’m so ecstatic to finally be able to share my songs with the world.”

Hopes debut explores emotional boundaries, helping to bring her angelic voice and real lyrics to life.

Another stand out track from the project, which demonstrates Hope’s musical talent, is "Mother Earth," which serves as a “call” for our generation to take responsibility on behalf of our environment. 

Coming from a musical family (mother singer and father music director), Hope always new music was her calling.

“At a really young age, like 6 or 7 years old, I just knew,” She recently told Singersroom. “I’ve been singing all my life so I’ve always known. And when I heard Sade’s music, I started to write about everything instead of just love. It opened up writing and I kind of just carried it with me my whole life, I feel like this is what I was born to do and for as long as I can remember this is all I’ve wanted to do. At three years old, I would run up to a mic if I saw one. If there was ever a stage they would have to try to get me off so they could continue. (laughs) I’ve always been attracted to the microphone and the stage.”

Watch the music video to Hope’s “Love Love Love” featuring Jason Mraz.

No comments:

Post a Comment