September 23, 2010

Jeremih Talks Being a Real R&B Artist, Plus The Artist and Type of Women He Likes

At only 23 years of age, R&B singer Jeremih has managed to do what most new artists in this day and age can’t do, produce and write their own music. The “Birthday Sex” singer will release his sophomore album, ‘All About You,’ on September 28, led by the first single "I Like" featuring rapper Ludacris.

‘All About You’ is the follow-up to Jeremih’s self-titled debut, which entered at number six on the Billboard 200.

Having the opportunity to produce two albums, Jeremih says it’s because he’s not a typical R&B artist.

“Well, I wouldn’t consider myself an R&B cat. I can make great R&B music but the thing that separates me from them is that I’m a musician,” Jeremih tells Singersroom. “I wrote my entire album. I doubt the others can say that. I thank LA Reid for believing in my project. This album has all the ingredients of touching all bases of music. I think that’s what makes me different. I think I have the ability to make a pop record. All of these R&B artists are good artist and they all have their niche but I want people to get used to my sound.”

Even though Jeremih considers himself different, he also has love for other R&B cats like Trey Songz and Chris Brown.

“Like myself I feel like Trey has the capability of what I call rap singing,” Jeremih tells Singersroom. “He’s on his third or fourth album and I think he has evolved into the artist that he is today. Now I think Chris Brown can be considered a rap singer also. I think the ladies love him. He has got everyone loving his style and his sound that’s a beautiful thing. His approach and lyrics are pretty dope.”

Not only showing love to his peers, Jeremih is all about pleasing the ladies, so we wanted to know what he looks for in a woman.

“I am looking for someone that will hold me down. Someone that can be my best friend before anything else,” he says. “Obviously you can’t just be looking for someone with a good mind and spirit when all you are looking at is the physical. So I like beautiful women. I don’t think I have a type, I think anyone can fall in love anyone. I don’t think anyone has a type. A woman that has a good heart and that can hold me down would be my pick.”

No comments:

Post a Comment