September 02, 2010

Lauryn Hill Says New Album is 'Getting Closer,' Respects Other Artists

Singer/rapper Lauryn Hill, who has been in high demand since the release of her debut album, ‘The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill,’ over a decade ago, says new album is close. "We're getting closer," she tells MTV news.The star, who started her comeback via the Rock the Bells Tour, also says she’s focused on her voice and ideas for the new project, stating she hasn’t thought about collaborations.
 "We're getting closer. That's all I can say."

"I have respect for what people do," Hill said tells MTV. "I also like to hear the eclectics; I like to hear the mixture. There's a lot of different creative energies out there right now. I respect the different sounds that I'm hearing. It's been such a long time since I've gotten my voice and my ideas [out]. In terms of collaborations, that's not even something I've been thinking about per se. I'm happy that people are still making music. That we still have a platform with which to make music. It's gonna be interesting to see what the future holds."

Hill also tells the outlet that there is a lot going on but it’s good for music.

"It's a lot going on," Hill said. "It's interesting energy. It's not what it was, it's different. That doesn't necessarily means it's a bad thing — it's a different thing. Just like any new opportunity, it's ripe for a lot of different things. You got a lot of young talent out there. Because we don't necessarily have the same sort of industry complex that used to exist, people don't always give, I want to say, proper respect to. But they're doing it in a really kind of unusual, unique and hard-core way. Because the system is not necessarily in place like it used to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment