September 01, 2010

Former Xscape Member Kandi Burruss Drops New Single 'Leave You

With a new label and a new attitude, former Xscape member Kandi Burruss is finally ready to give fans her long-awaited sophomore album.
 Leading the way is the first single “Leave You,” produced by super-producer Jazze Pha, who Kandi says understands her movement.

"Working on this album, I knew I wanted to get back in the studio with Jazze Pha, a long-term friend and great producer,” Kandi tells Singersroom in a statement. “He and the two co-writers of the song are very talented people who I feel really understand me as an artist.”

The Real Housewives of Atlanta cast member says “Leave You” is reminiscent of her Xscape days when songs used to feel good. "I went into the session wanting to record a real R&B song that took you back to my Xscape days. We were known for songs that felt good, had a great groove to them, and displayed strong vocals and hard-hitting production. 'Leave You' -- in my opinion -- is my 2010 version of that.”

She adds, "The song was not about a specific situation of mine but more my desire to create that record everyone can relate to. If someone is not doing the things they did to get you when they have you -- it is time to take that walk and leave!"

Kandi’s new project is expected to drop later this year via Asylum/Warner Bros Records.

Listen to “Leave You” Right here on Kingdavid87.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment