August 27, 2010

Newcomer Miguel Talks Pushing R&B Boundaries

Coming off the success of his single “All I Want Is You,” featuring rapper J. Cole, R&B newcomer Miguel Jontel is poised
for his shot in pushing R&B to the next level.



“I think the operative word as opposed to bringing R&B back, my intension is to take it forward,” Miguel told MTV.com. “So as we push boundaries, boundaries are there for a reason. They have their anchors, they have their foundations, and pushing those away or trying to move them is gonna take effort. That’s OK. That’s what we as artists are here for: to push those boundaries and explore outside and push things further.”


The half-black, half Mexican, 22-year old, who wrote on Usher’s latest studio album Raymond v. Raymond, says doing something fresh can be done.


“I think it’s exciting, and I think the world is ready for artists who endeavor to push boundaries,” he said. “It’s not something that can’t be done. It’s actually pretty cool for people to take a step back and go, ‘What is that? I don’t know what that is, but I like it.’ That’s really cool.”


Miguel’s full-length debut studio album, titled “All I Want Is You,” will be released in early 2011 via Jive Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment