August 27, 2010

Chris Brown Talks “Ultimate Apology,” Rumored Tour and Takers

R&B star Chris Brown made an appearance on BET's "106 & Park” yesterday, where he talked about his emotional tribute to
Michael Jackson and his “ultimate apology,” tour rumors with Usher and his new movie Takers.

As for as his idol Michael Jackson, Brown says, "A lot of people don't know, I was going to see Michael Jackson the day he died. I was on my way to the Staples Center that day. “

Regarding his emotional performance at the 2010 BET Awards, Brown added, “When I heard 'Man In The Mirror,' it just touched me. It wasn't fake. I know people were trying to put extras on it, but everything was genuine. That was my ultimate apology, hands down."

When asked about the tour with Usher, Brown said it might happen at some point, but for now he wants to focus on his own career. "At first we were talking about it, but maybe in the future. For now, just doing the Chris Breezy thing," he said, adding that the video to his "Matrix" track will be released after his upcoming "Takers" flick, which hits theaters this Friday (Aug. 27). "It's a five to six-minute short film," he revealed about the clip.

Brown went through rigorous training for his new film “Takers,” due Friday, which sees him running through the streets of Los Angeles, leaping on top of cars, scaling buildings and jumping through windows. And fans may also notice a hint of parkour movement in Brown's getaway tactics.

"It was funny because in the beginning, a couple of weeks prior to me being on-set and filming the movie, I was already training with my friends, doing parkour and some martial arts stuff," Brown recently explained to MTV News. "We call it 'trickin'.' We use different acrobatics and flips and stuff. I always incorporate that in my dancing too. Being able to apply that to the movie was a step up on my entertainment value. It was great."

No comments:

Post a Comment