September 14, 2010

New Releases: Trey Songz' 'Passion, Pain & Pleasure,' and Marques' 'Mattres Music'

‘Passion, Pain & Pleasure,’ Trey Songz highly anticipated fourth studio album and the follow-up to 2009’s RIAA gold-certified smash, “Ready,” hits stores today. The disc features the first single “Bottoms Up (Feat. Nicki Minaj),” the rock-infused “Blind,” and the intimate “Can’t Be Friends.”


“While the words Passion, Pain and Pleasure immediately invoke sexual thoughts, for me they have become somewhat of a personal mantra because they so accurately describe this time in my life,” says Trey Songz. “The passion I have for my art fuels my drive and work ethic, while the sacrifice of my personal life to benefit my career will always be a source of pain. The pleasure that I derive from my work and my accomplishments make everything worth it. When I began conceptualizing the new album, these three words stuck in my head. They completely infiltrated my creative process, so it was inevitable that they became the album title.“

Along with longtime production partner Troy Taylor, other producers featured on this project includes Bei Maejor, Tha Bizness, Mario Winans, Mark Jackson, and Kane Beatz.

“I’ve had three albums before this, but only one was really a hit,” he says about Passion, Pain & Pleasure.’ “This album will show that I’m not going anywhere.”

Check it Here

Marques Houston is back with his fifth solo studio album ‘Mattress Music,’ and he's bringing the bedroom to your speakers. Mattress Music is an adult concept project filled with sensuality and overflowing with passion. Showing musical growth and the ability to stand the test of time in the music industry, Marques brings the "Noize."

In addition to releasing Mattress Music, Houston also released a series of videos from hit singles “Pullin on Her Hair” featuring Rick Ross to “High Notes.”

In addition to releasing Mattress Music, Houston also released a series of videos from hit singles “Pullin on Her Hair” featuring Rick Ross to “High Notes.”

After nine years, Bilal returns with his sophomore album “Air Tight's Revenge” via Plug Research. The new music on the album has roots of jazz traditions that originally inspired Bilal’s songs but Bilal describes the new material as “genre-bending music.”

Plus

Will Downing - 'Lust, Love & Lies' (Peak)
Mavis Staples - 'You Are Not Alone'
Elisabeth Withers - 'No Regrets' (E1)

No comments:

Post a Comment