September 18, 2010

Former Floetry Member The Floacist Preps New Album, Talks New Single With Musiq

Former Floetry member Natalie Stewart, who now goes by the moniker “The Floacist,” is gearing up for the release of her solo debut album ‘The Floacist Presents: Floetic Soul.’ She recently premiered the lead single, “Forever,” featuring soul crooner Musiq Soulchild on Singersroom and the response has been immense.


So what inspired “Forever?”

“Well as always my life inspires my music…quite often my music is like a page out my journal,” The Floacist tells Singersroom exclusively on the set of the songs music video. “And this was inspired by the love in my life…inspired by my husband and the support he has given me through my journey. I just had an interesting three and a half years. I learned a lot about myself during that time and this song is kinda reflective of that…the album is reflective of it but this song in particular.”

Using music as a source for healing, The Floacist adds, “writing is my form of therapy so anything I perform comes from my pen.”

On ‘The Floacist Presents: Floetic Soul’, fans will get to learn who this former one half of Floetry really is, although she states that she wasn’t pursuing a solo career.

“ I was never pursuing solo music...although from a child I always wanted to be on the music stage,” she says. “There are dreams that you have in the beginning and then everything broadens out and you figure out exactly what ones are for you.”

As for as a Floetry reunion, she nonchalantly answers, “Oh yeah you can look forward to anything of coarse.  I would never put my mouth on the future like that…I’m too wise for that. We can look forward to anything.”

Source: Singersroom.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment