September 18, 2010

Jennifer Hudson Talks Weight Loss, Says 'My Mind Hasn't Caught Up Yet'

Academy Award-winning actress Jennifer Hudson is energized about all the weight she dropped since joining a Weight Watchers program last year, but the singer said on Wednesday she can't wait to perform again.
"I can't wait to perform again -- with my new body," Hudson told Reuters at a New York school, where she helped launch Weight Watchers "Lose For Good" campaign to help fight obesity and hunger in young people. 

Hudson, who's also a Weight Watchers spokesperson, admitted she's just as surprised by the weight loss as everyone else. "I didn't expect to go as far as I did!" she said. "People are like, 'Okay Jennifer don't lose anything else!'"

Hudson also added that she’s at times taken aback when she's shopping.

"I go into the store and they try to put me in 4s and 6s and I'm like, 'Who are you trying to talk to?'" said the actress. "My mind hasn't caught up yet."

And though she seems to be enjoying her new smaller size, she's quick to point out that she'll be happy no matter how small--or big--she is. "I've always been a person who's comfortable with myself whether it's plus-size, small size it doesn't matter," said Hudson.

In other news Hudson recently finished shooting her role as Winnie Mandela in a movie about the life of the controversial ex-wife of former South African president Nelson Mandela.

She is also working on her sophomore album, which she plans to drop in early 2011, which will be coupled with a tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment